Thread: 2021 Rubi Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2021 Rubi Build

So the time has come, with my youngest about to go to high school and her legs longer than her mum, to move on the 2 door Rubi and replace it with a 4 door. The order was placed today, it's a black2021 Rubicon with black leather interior (Rubicon luxury pack), the steel front bar and front facing camera (Trail pack) and a towbar. The Offroad+ option (debuted on the Mojave Gladiator and on the 2021 JL) will be interesting to try and looking forward to the factory standard (on 2021 models) 4 spare switches and wiring for accessories.

Delivery time is estimated end of Feb/March but I think this will make my Christmas list easier so there will probably parts posted here before the Jeep
    Public Officer - Member #076

Awesome, Selling the Shorty or Trading it?
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Awesome, Selling the Shorty or Trading it?
    Selling I think, not overly keen on trading if I can help it.

Cheer
    Steve

Awesome! Should not be much to build on this beast? Second battery??

Yeah, I know, as if

Dave

First mod ordered, due in Feb so before the Jeep. No big hole to cut in the side so much prefer that, and has a low intake that can be opened up or blocked off as required if the main snorkel is off to lower the windscreen.

Snorkel.JPG

I especially like the forward facing camera. It will be fantastic off road and also handy in a tight car park!

So while I patiently wait I decide to order the plates, these are on hold for me. If anyone else in interested in a plate I found a few to choose from

Plates.jpg

The boxing day sales were too much to resist, picked up the XRS Connect 330COB pack for $120 off of RRP. Been eyeing this for a while now, does anyone else use the XRS Connect feature, bit gimmicky but really like the OLED displays they have on the mic and gets great reviews (and a 5 yr warranty). As an added bonus the antenna is black, to match the Rubi

Also ordered a Topsy mic bracket from the US, they make a RHD one and it means no drilling into the dash to mount the mic and allows a phone mount as well off the same bracket if needed (using a RAM mount). Not the cheapest way to mount a mic but if I go drilling holes in the dash I'm a dead man

20201230_083834.jpg

Cheers
    Steve

So with the JK sold some more bits for the JL are on the way, estimated build date is to start on 02/02 at the factory, so another 3 weeks before the build even begins and then on to me within the month hopefully.

Anyway, for the brake controller, so I can get the camper back out there, a Red Arc tow pro elite.

0002099_tow-pro-elite-v3-electric-brake-controller.png
    For the lighting a Stedi ST3303 Pro (18.4"), looked at lots of stuff but trying to avoid spotlights as they will block the front trail cam in the grill so went with a decent lightbar, lower profile than spots but excellent light output. Will mount directly to the factory steel bar and hopefully have minimal impact on the camera.

standard_resolution.jpg

Lift will come after I have driven it for a bit and see what I need

Cheers
    Steve