Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria High Country January 2016

Hurry up already!!!! I want to air down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    Hurry up already!!!! I want to air down!!!

Yep! Me too!! About 100km around town this weekend was about 99km too many.

6 weeks tonight, we'll be sitting in camp on the banks of the Murray River after a day of dirt, enjoying a (several) beers!

Bring it on!!

Dave

A brief update. JohnC called me the other day and said that unfortunately he was not going to be able to make the trip, so we are back down to 11 Jeeps.

He said that he would offer his bookings at Jindabyne and Wodonga to Hunty and Jax, so we should all be booked in those Parks again. Big thankyou John!

Hopefully everyone is pretty much ready for the trip. My Jeep goes in for a big service on Monday 21st. It's its likely to be hot, and steep, so hope the cooling system is up to it

Any questions, please call or email or post up....

Dave

Red face

Hi all,

I know the itinerary has Jindabyne as the meeting point for the first night however i’m interested in what people are planning. Is there an approximate time we should look to turn up at Jindabyne on the 2nd or are some planning to drive down as a group?

As a side after many hours of youtube viewing i’ve decided i won’t be taking the camper, not that i don’t think the Jeep is capable however some of the tracks and crossings can be challenging.

Really looking forward to getting away and enjoying this trip.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by MY14JK View Post
    Hi all,

I know the itinerary has Jindabyne as the meeting point for the first night however i’m interested in what people are planning. Is there an approximate time we should look to turn up at Jindabyne on the 2nd or are some planning to drive down as a group?

As a side after many hours of youtube viewing i’ve decided i won’t be taking the camper, not that i don’t think the Jeep is capable however some of the tracks and crossings can be challenging.

Really looking forward to getting away and enjoying this trip.

Cheers,

Kevin.
    Hi Kev,

Have you been getting my emails? I've sent a couple in the last month or so...

There are a few of us meeting up at Marulan BP Southbound on the Hume Highway on Saturday 2nd for morning tea. I hope to get there about 10.00am for coffee. We will look at heading off around 10.30 in convoy, then hopefully lunch somewhere around Cooma. Be in Jindy for arvo tea! Hmm, really sounds like I'm planning this trip around food - guess it breaks up the bitumen bits!

I also asked everyone to send me their contact details - phone numbers and emergency contacts, just in case. Please check your emails, if you aren't getting mine, we may not have your correct address...

Thanks,
    Dave

We may meet up at Marulan. Is that the Mac d's ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Hi Kev,

Have you been getting my emails? I've sent a couple in the last month or so...

There are a few of us meeting up at Marulan BP Southbound on the Hume Highway on Saturday 2nd for morning tea. I hope to get there about 10.00am for coffee. We will look at heading off around 10.30 in convoy, then hopefully lunch somewhere around Cooma. Be in Jindy for arvo tea! Hmm, really sounds like I'm planning this trip around food - guess it breaks up the bitumen bits!

I also asked everyone to send me their contact details - phone numbers and emergency contacts, just in case. Please check your emails, if you aren't getting mine, we may not have your correct address...

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi Dave,

Looking through me emails i’ve received a few from you in Sept and again in Nov with regards to the Xmas party but i’ve not received anything on the trip.

Can you please confirm i’m on the mailing list?

Cheers,

Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
    We may meet up at Marulan. Is that the Mac d's ??

Hi Wally,

The Maccas is at the Shell at Sutton Forest / Sallys Corner- and the carpark is always full!

The BP at Marulan is about 20km or 15 mins further on from there towards Goulburn. You can't miss it, there is the massive Truck weigh in station on both sides of the road, and the BP is at the top of the hill a km or two beyond it. Some of us met up there before the Snowy Mountains trip two years ago. There is a Hungry Jacks there, and the carpark usually has plenty of room. Last time I went in, one year ago, they were renovating, so hopefully all open for business!

Hope that is okay.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MY14JK View Post
    Hi Dave,

Looking through me emails i’ve received a few from you in Sept and again in Nov with regards to the Xmas party but i’ve not received anything on the trip.

Can you please confirm i’m on the mailing list?

Cheers,

Kevin.
    Sorry Kevin, I think I typed your email address in incorrectly. I have tried again, hopefully working now!

Dave

Thanks Dave.